We welcome comments, compliments and complaints from the people using our services. We work to high standards and we hope this is reflected in your experience with us.

We take all comments seriously and value them as a way of helping us improve services.

That sounds fine – but what if I have a complaint?

Complaints can be made by any person including, but not limited to:

  • service users
  • victims of crime (or their family)
  • members of the public

To be considered, your complaint has to be about an action or decision, or failure to act or decide, on the part of the employees of M CRC.

We can’t look into something that is already being investigated by the police or subject to a decision of the courts, statutory tribunal, Parole Board, Crown Prosecution Service or the Criminal Cases Review Commission.

Your complaint won’t normally be considered if it is about something that happened more than 12 months ago, or that you could have known about a year ago.

Click here to read the leaflet Making a Complaint

Talking face-to-face or over the telephone with the person involved can often be the solution. If this is difficult, ask to discuss it with a more senior member of staff.

You can make a formal complaint in writing. You should sign it and send it to:

John Quick
Head of Operations
2nd Floor
Cunard Building
Water Street
L3 1QX

Someone can make a formal complaint on your behalf, if you give them permission in writing.

Within five working days of receiving your letter the chief will explain how your complaint will be handled. He will give the date when you can expect the outcome.

If your complaint is about an issue involving the chief you should address your letter to:

Kim Thornden-Edwards
National Chief Executive
Capital Tower
91 Waterloo Road